Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 08 May 2019
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms") carefully before using the https://washwatch.org/ website (the "Site") operated by WaterAid ("us", "we", or "our").
Your access to and use of the Site is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Site.
By accessing or using the Site you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the Terms then you may not access the Site.
Information about us
WASHwatch (https://washwatch.org/) is a website operated and developed by WaterAid. WaterAid is registered in England and Wales under charity number 288701 and in Scotland under SC039479 and have their registered office at 47-49 Durham Street, London SE11 5JD.
Accessing the Site
If you are under 16 please check with your parent or guardian before using the Site.
Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend any and all of the services we provide on the Site without notice (see "Suspension and Termination" below). We will not be responsible if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site.
We do not guarantee that the functions or materials accessible from or contained in the Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or faults. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all technical specifications necessary to use the Site and is compatible with the Site.
All visualisations and original text on the Site are available for free, licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License (CC BY). You may download, copy or further distribute the data for any use. We encourage you to cite the source of any statistical data, which is always displayed in the drop-down information for each statistic. Some of the statistics are the result of calculations performed by WASHwatch based on data from other sources and in these situations both we and the original data source should be cited.
We do not claim credit for collecting the raw data provided on the Site, whether expressly or implicitly. Statistics on the Site will always be attributed to their original source.
Quality of data
WASHwatch endeavours to provide data that is accurate, up to date and reliable. We hold ourselves to the high standards regarding updating the Site with new data releases as quickly as possible after these become available. However, we cannot make any absolute guarantee that these updates or new data uploads will be immediate or timely, or that the data will be uploaded at all.
We also cannot guarantee the accuracy, currency, reliability, correctness of any data accessible through the Site. We do not guarantee that any data is fit for use for a specific purpose, whether expressly or implied.
We declare that the raw data directly represented or used for any further calculation by WASHwatch on the Site has been presented without any additions, subtractions, or otherwise material amendments.
Queries regarding the quality, limitations, or further details of the original data should be directed towards the organisation responsible for the source database.
If you become aware of any errors in the data presented on the Site, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to promptly correct these.
Country or Area designations
The names of countries, settlements, regions or areas as found on the Site do not imply nor represent the opinions of the Site regarding the legal status, classification, recognition, naming traditions, or geographical boundaries of the subject in question.
The site changes regularly
We aim to update the Site regularly and may change the content at any time. However, any of the material on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- in any way which harms or has significant risk of harming children or vulnerable adults in any way;
- to send, receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or any other harmful program or computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
Data privacy and cookie policies
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms through your use of the Site. When a breach of these Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these Terms constitutes a material breach of these Terms and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the Site.
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
We have used reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Site complies with UK law, but cannot ensure that it is appropriate or available for use in every territory outside the UK. Those who visit the Site from other territories are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. If use of the Site and/or viewing of it or use of any material or content on the Site or services, are contrary to or infringe any applicable law in your jurisdiction(s), you are not authorised to view or use the Site and you must exit immediately.
- The material displayed on the Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, our affiliated organisations and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- any liability for any loss or damage whether direct, indirect or consequential incurred by any user in connection with the Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it;
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks to satisfy your requirements.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us on email@example.com.
We may revise these Terms at any time and without prior notice by amending this page or posting a new set of Terms on the Site. You are expected to check this page frequently to take notice of any changes we made. Your continued use of the Site after amendments or a new set of Terms are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Terms as modified. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site.